“Effective January 1, 2018, new processes will be in place for requesting GED® and High School Equivalency (HSE) records.
- HSE Transcript – A certified record of a student’s high school equivalency test results.
- HSE Verification – Provides proof of high school equivalency passing status.
- HSE Diplomas – A certificate issued by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges to students who successfully pass the required elements of a North Carolina state approved HSE assessment.
- Students will submit requests directly to the community college where the High School Equivalency credential was earned using the NCCCS HSE Transcript and HSE request form.
- All GED® Records transcript requests from 1942 – 2001 are sent to HSE Records Office in Raleigh using the NCCCS GED® Transcript request form.
- Each request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Educatiion Verification requests will not be accepted over the phone.
- Each written verification request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Submit requests directly to the community college where the High School Equivalency credential was earned using the NCCCS HSE Verification request form.
- All GED® Records education verification requests from 1942 – 2001 are sent to HSE Records Office in Raleigh using the NCCCS GED® Verification request form.
- GED® Diplomas from 1942 – 2001 will continue to be printed by the HSE Records Office.
- HSE Diplomas from 2002 and later will not be issued during this time of transition. All diploma requests will be issued after April 2018.
Questions? Contact High School Equivalency Records Office: 919-807-7139
Contact NCCCS main number: 919-807-7100 for more information.
Transcript & Verification Requests – Temporary Processes effective January - April 2018 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________