Effective April 15, 2018, new processes will be in place for requesting GED® and High School Equivalency (HSE) records.
Please use updated forms dated April 2018
- HSE Transcript – A certified record of a student’s high school equivalency test results.
- HSE Verification – Provides proof of high school equivalency passing status.
- HSE Diplomas – A certificate issued by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges to students who successfully pass the required elements of a North Carolina state approved HSE assessment.
- All GED® Records transcript requests are sent to HSE Records Office in Raleigh using the forms below:
- Student who received GED credential from 1942-2001 will use NCCCS GED® Transcript request form.
- Students who received a HSE (GED, HiSET & TASC) credential from 2002 -2013 will use NCCCS GED® Transcript request form.
- Students who received a HSE (GED, HiSET & TASC) credential from 2014 -Present will use NCCCS HSE Transcript request form.
- Each request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Educatiion Verification requests will not be accepted over the phone.
- Each written verification request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Student who received GED credential from 1942-2001 will use NCCCS GED® Verification request form.
- Students who received a GED credential from 2002 -2013 will use NCCCS GED® Verification request form.
- Students who received a HSE (GED, HiSET & TASC) credential from 2014 - Present will use NCCCS HSE Verification request form.
Diploma Request Form (HSE) Credential - 2017 and 2018 Graduates Only
(For 2017 and 2018 High School Equivalency graduates who did not receive their initial free diploma from the vendor may request their diploma by downloading this request form.)
- Please note that students will receive only ONE diploma mailed to the physical home address.
We do not accept walk-ins at the HSE Office for records request or verfications.
Please send in requests:
- Via fax to 919-807-7172 OR 919-807-7164 . Originating fax machine will provide confirmation of successful transmission. We cannot verify receipt of faxes. Please do not send to both fax machines.
- USPS, UPS or Fed Ex to : HSE Records Office, 5016 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-5016
- Please do not send in records requests via email as our email is not encrypted and you put students’ personally identifiable information (PII) at risk..
Questions? Contact High School Equivalency Records Office: 919-807-7139
Contact NCCCS main number: 919-807-7100 for more information.
Transcript & Verification requests processes effective April 2018.
Please use updated forms dated April 2018.