Please send in requests:
- Via fax to 919-807-7172. Originating fax machine will provide confirmation of successful transmission. We cannot verify receipt of faxes.
- USPS, UPS or Fed Ex to : HSE Records Office, 5016 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-5016
The HSE Records Office has received USPS mail, UPS and Fed Ex deliveries throughout this time of building closer and will begin processing those requests on February 8.
Please do not send in records requests via email as our email is not encrypted and you put students’ personally identifiable information (PII) at risk.
We appreciate your patience as we work through this challenge and remind you to expect delayed processing times for the next month.
Effective January 1, 2018, new processes will be in place for requesting GED® and High School Equivalency (HSE) records.
- HSE Transcript – A certified record of a student’s high school equivalency test results.
- HSE Verification – Provides proof of high school equivalency passing status.
- HSE Diplomas – A certificate issued by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges to students who successfully pass the required elements of a North Carolina state approved HSE assessment.
- Students will submit requests from 2002 and later directly to the community college where the High School Equivalency credential was earned using the NCCCS HSE Transcript and HSE request form.
- All GED® Records transcript requests from 1942 – 2001 are sent to HSE Records Office in Raleigh using the NCCCS GED® Transcript request form.
- Each request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Educatiion Verification requests will not be accepted over the phone.
- Each written verification request must include the student’s signature allowing release of information.
- Submit requests directly to the community college where the High School Equivalency credential was earned using the NCCCS HSE Verification request form.
- All GED® Records education verification requests from 1942 – 2001 are sent to HSE Records Office in Raleigh using the NCCCS GED® Verification request form.
Diploma Request Form (HSE) Credential - 2017 and 2018 Graduates Only
(For 2017 and 2018 High School Equivalency graduates who did not receive their initial free diploma from the vendor may request their diploma by downloading this request form.)
Questions? Contact High School Equivalency Records Office: 919-807-7139
Contact NCCCS main number: 919-807-7100 for more information.
Transcript & Verification Requests – Temporary Processes effective January - April 2018 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________