Each year, the State Board of Community Colleges bestows a series of awards; the President of the Year, Excellence in Teaching, Staff of the Year, Distinguished Partners in Excellence, and the I.E Ready Award, which is the highest honor awarded to an individual by the Board.
2017 SBCC Awards Timeline
- The nomination period for 2017 awards will be from August 10, 2016 through October 14, 2016
- Committee reviews - October 17, 2016 - November 11, 2016
- Interviews scheduled - November 14, 2016 - December 16, 2016 (Some committees hold initial and final interviews)
- Selected candidates presented to the SBCC Awards Committee for approval - early January 2017
- Candidates presented to the State Board of Community Colleges by Awards Committee for approval - January 20, 2017