In September of 2015, the General Assembly passed the provision authorizing the North Carolina Community College System to implement the NC Works Career Coach Program. The purpose of the NCWorks Career Coach Program is to place community college career coaches in high schools to assist students with determining career goals and identifying community college programs that would enable students to achieve these goals. These funds shall only be used for salary, benefits, and travel expenses for NCWorks Career Coaches. The board of trustees of a community college and a local board of education of a local school administrative unit within the service area of the community college jointly may apply for available funds for the NCWorks Career Coach Program funding from the State Board of Community Colleges.
Funding is contingent upon approval of the State General Fund Appropriations.
Impact for the NC Works Career Coach Program will be measured by assessing the following:
- Local industry needs.
- Current career pathway options available to students within the local area served by the NC Works Career Coaches.
- high school CTE pathway options.
- community college CTE pathway options.
- Increase in career pathway enrollment in available options that meet local industry needs.
- Career pathway creation and/or career pathway changes made based on local workforce demands.
- Long term impact assessment will include a survey of local businesses to determine the success of the program in meeting career pipeline needs.
|Annual Report on NCWorks Career Coach Program||595.03 KB|
|Career Pathways Toolkit: Six Key Elements For Success||4.99 MB|
|2016 Career Coach Contact List||7.46 KB|
|NC Works Career Coach Report Data Collection Presentation||230.32 KB|
|Data Collection Template||141.42 KB|
|2017-2019 Career Coach Allocation||83.92 KB|