Align4NCWorks promotes a more responsive and aligned workforce development system by strengthening partnerships among community colleges, business/industry, workforce development boards, public schools and economic development.
The Ultimate Aspiration: Ensuring that NC is #1 in Workforce
The NC Chamber (NCC) may have said it best in its strategic plan:
North Carolina will be a global leader in the number of students leaving its community college system with a job-ready credential that can lead to becoming a successful employee or employer in a global economy and provide for better skills, better jobs, better pay and continued educational attainment.
Align4NCWorks Strategic Plan Goals:
- Goal 1: Increase and sustain employer engagement as part of an integrated, customer-centered workforce system.
- Goal 2: Connect students to quality careers and employers to quality employees.
- Goal 3: Ensure education and training address and validate skill and competency needs and attainment.
- Goal 4: Expand work-based learning opportunities.
- Goal 5: Improve career awareness and mapping.
- Goal 6: Increase opportunities for college access while keeping education and training affordable.
- Goal 7: Promote demand-driven and data-informed decision making and evaluation to more effectively meet workforce customer needs and enhance system accountability.
- Goal 8: Strengthen the foundations of success for workforce development.
NCCCS Strategic Plan Update
Workforce Learning Summits
Challenges identified at Workforce Learning Summits:
- Limited awareness of workforce services and in-demand careers
- Difficulty finding employees with “soft skills” or job-specific skills
- Cost and policy barriers to effective service delivery
- Staying current with emerging technology
- Retaining great people in the 'education and training' workforce