Title: Free Retail Credentials for CCR IET Students Info Session Webinar
Presented by: Lindsay Tipton, Director of Career Pathways, CCR, NCCC System Office
Kate Fessler, Sr. Director of Outreach, RISEUp
Elizabeth Robinson, Senior VP, NC Retail Merchants Association
Caroline Daly, Association Management Coordinator, NC Retail Merchants Association
When: April 24, 2023, 3:30 - 4:30
Target Audience: Title II Directors and Staff Developing IETs
Description: In partnership with the National Retail Federation (NRF) Foundation, the North Carolina Retail Merchants Association (NCRMA) and North Carolina Community College System are offering free industry-recognized credentials for any student within the NC community college system.
- RISE Up is an online training and credentialing program designed by educators and retail industry leaders to help individuals acquire the skills needed to land jobs in retail and related careers.
- Credential options are:
- Retail Industry Fundamentals– students will learn valuable, fundamental retail industry skills to set them apart from their competition to land their first jobs in retail.
- Customer Service and Sales– students will learn the skills they need to succeed in customer-facing or sales roles in any industry.
- Business of Retail – students interested in entrepreneurship will learn valuable skills for successful careers in retail ownership or management.
- Warehouse, Inventory & Logistics – this course will teach students about the intricacies and importance of supply chains and help them develop an understanding of warehouse, distribution, and fulfillment center design and operations.