- NC3 ATLAS provides a single resource gateway that directs users to the wide variety of teaching and learning resources available to faculty and staff of the North Carolina Community College System.
Blackboard Student Services (LMS Help Desk)
- Online help desk support services for NCCCS colleges using Blackboard, Moodle, and Sakai learning management systems. This resource is for faculty and students; including chat, email, telephone, and personalized support portal available 24/7/365. Contact your Distance Learning Director for more information.
- Chatstaff provides an after-hours and weekends online library reference support for all North Carolina Community College System students and faculty. This help desk supports students by addressing their specific questions and reference needs by directing students to collections and resources to best assist them in their studies. The help desk employees are American Library Association (ALA) accredited librarians with years of experience in assisting library patrons. Contact the library resource staff at your college for the Chatstaff link.
Integrated Library System
- Services include centralized purchasing and cataloging services for the community college libraries. This includes planning, development, and implementation of automated support systems; technical support of these systems; and training. Purchasing support includes negotiating discounts with vendors, processing orders for materials, and advising libraries in local purchasing procedures. For more information, contact Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen Colevins, Community Engagement Librarian, at email@example.com. Search the Community College Libraries in North Carolina (CCLINC) catalog at CCLINC.
- Collection of videos and other licensed resources for Adult Basic Education housed in the NCLOR. These resources support courses in basic skills.
- Over 100 online biology, chemistry, microbiology, and physics lab simulations; accompanying lab manual; free instructor accounts with the ability to customize and create labs; store content and reuse resources; technical and help desk support for faculty and students; auto-grading for test and gradebook; analytics platform to assess student performance; labs available to NCCCS students for $15.00 per course.
Learning Management Systems
- NCCCS provides to each college either the Blackboard Learn LMS License or the Moodle Open LMS Hosting service through Blackboard. An annual LMS Declaration form is signed by the President of each college. For more information, contact Katherine Davis, Director of Distance Learning and Change Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Repository to manage, collect, and share digital learning resources for use in traditional or distance learning environments; over 194,000 learning objects and resources including NROC, V-Scope Explorer, Intelecom Adult Basic Education; open educational resources; ebooks; professional development tutorials and videos and hundreds of quailty resources to support specific NCCCS courses. Interactive learning objects are mapped to the NCCCS courses. The NCLOR reduces duplication of effort associated with course development; and resources are integrated and accessible through Blackboard and Moodle. For more information, contact Helen Colevins, Technical Services Librarian, at email@example.com.
- The NROC collection, accessible through the NCLOR, contains over 3,500 multi-curriculum topics and 1,128 additional lessons. Topics include Algebra, Developmental Math and English, Biology, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, and Religions of the World.
- Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. The System Office subscription provides NCCCS colleges with training opportunities and discounted memberships. The System Office is the point of contact for this resources. For more information, contact Katherine Davis, Director of Distance Learning and Change Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This resource provides an unlimited use license for all colleges. The database contains electronic medical textbooks; journals, and current articles on allied health, nursing, dental, and emergency services. Access is by IP authentication on campus and remote login off campus. Access is also available through a free mobile app for electronic devices. Contact your college Library Resource Director for more information.
- Collaboration with telemedicine department of UNC-LCCC to produce webinars for NCCCS nursing courses shared with the state-wide community. Webinars include closed captioning and scripts.
- Access to V-Scope Explorer is through the NCLOR. System-wide resource for Basic Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Microbiology collections; state-of-the-art high resolution microscopy which mimics physical functionality of a real microscope and requires students to follow traditional laboratory process and protocol; web-deliverable, includes study guides, and can be downloaded to college servers; free professional development workshops by vendor.
- This collaborative project of the North Carolina Community College System and NC State University allows individual community colleges to provide computer lab services through cloud computing and to achieve cost efficiency for software and hardware. The VCE business model provides community colleges a cost-effective alternative to expensive, traditional computer labs. Selection is determined through an annual application process. Contact your Distance Learning Administrator or Chief Information Officer for more information.