Each year, the State Board of Community Colleges bestows a series of awards; the President of the Year, Excellence in Teaching, Staff of the Year, Distinguished Partners in Excellence, and the I.E Ready Award, which is the highest honor awarded to an individual by the Board.
2019 SBCC Awards Timeline
Due to Hurricane Florence we have extended the submission deadline to Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- The nomination period for 2019 awards will be from August 23, 2018 through September 30, 2018
- Committee reviews - October 11, 2018 - November 3, 2018
- Interviews scheduled - November 6, 2018 - December 1, 2018 (Some committees hold initial and final interviews)
- Selected candidates presented to the SBCC Awards Committee for approval - early January 2019
- Candidates presented to the State Board of Community Colleges by Awards Committee for approval - January 18, 2019