Helping your students find help just got easier. The NC Community College System has purchased Aunt Bertha for all 58 colleges to use. Aunt Bertha is a search, referral and application software platform that exists to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Your platform makes it easy for people facing social needs - and those who help others - to find and make referrals to appropriate programs and services for food, shelter, health care, work, financial assistance and more.
More Than a Database
Your platform is more than a database. It’s a set of tools and services that close the referral loop (in other words, ensure that students get help successfully).
- Single Input: It all starts with a ZIP Code. Enter any U.S. ZIP Code to uncover a wealth of free and reduced cost programs serving that area. Aunt Bertha’s categorization and filtering criteria refine results down to the level of specificity needed, resulting in only the most relevant resources for a student’s unique needs.
- Accurate Listings: Your platform currently lists over 6,300 local resources in North Carolina, with more being added by Aunt Bertha’s Data Operations team every week. Each program is vetted and checked to make sure it is listed accurately - address, website, contact information and more. Organizations listed on Your platform can also update and maintain their own listings.
- Collaboration: You and your team can share referrals, navigation activity and favorite folders, saving time and duplication of efforts.
- Configurable Searches: Prioritize programs you’ve vetted so that they appear first in search results. A “Featured” flag will highlight preferred programs. You may also influence the order of program results to suggest certain services for users. By assigning programs a ranking, you can control where programs surface in search results.
- Referral Tracking: When you connect someone to a free or reduced cost program, Aunt Bertha makes it easy with electronic referrals. For every program listing, staff members can easily refer a client with a click of a button. Once made, the status of the referral can be updated easily by the client, staff member or program, allowing easy tracking.