The purpose of the Student Life Advisory Board (SLAB) is to provide guidance to North Carolina Community College System student development professionals in the areas of Student Life and Campus Engagement, Student Activities / Campus Programming, Student Leadership, Student Government, Athletics, & Service Learning.
We strive to illuminate the importance of student life initiatives and campus programming by discussing and disseminating national best practices throughout our system.
Objectives: The objectives of the Advisory Board are as follows:
- To update and distribute a student life professional directory.
- To provide professional development for student development in the area of student life.
- To maintain a best practices repository.
- To advocate for student life funding and programming by demonstrating relevance to the mission of community colleges.
Student Activities Advisory Board Members:
Derrick Arnold - Director of Athletics & Coordinator of Student Engagement, Johnston Community College
Shane Bryson - Student Activities Coordinator, Randolph Community College
Amanda Capobianchi - Associate Dean for Student Life, Central Piedmont Community College
Kim Lackey - Director of Student Activities, Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
(Chair): Natasha Lipscomb - Director for Student Life and Leadership, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Dr. Robert Lowdermilk - Vice President for Student Development, Rockingham Community College
Mike Neal - Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Central Carolina Community College
Laura Simmons - Coordinator of Student Activities & Events, Haywood Community College
Gilbert Umberger - Student Activities Coordinator, Durham Technical Community College
- Thursday, February 9, 2017, Location: TBD
- Monday, May 22, 2017, Location: TBD
- Thursday, July 20, 2017, Location TBD
Professional Development Sessions:
Wednesday, Febuary 8 - Thrusday, February 9th at Durham Tech
Registration Information: bit.ly/slabprofdev
Monday, May 22 - Tuesday, May 23rd at Haywood Community College
Registration information: http://bit.ly/slabmayprofdev
Annual Survey of Fees History: