The NC Community College System recognizes that effective academic advising is at the core of student success. Academic advising is a collaborative process which assists students in the clarification of career goals and development of educational plans to realize those goals. Academic advising maximizes individual potential by
- Providing integrated and targeted supports and interventions when they are most effective.
- Aiding student’s progress through programs that lead to valuable credentials, without unnecessary detours.
- Assisting students in making informed decisions which result in understanding the requirements and processes to succeed.
Articles on Advising
- Organizational Models for Advising
- Two-year College Advising
- Centralizing Advising to Improve Outcomes
North Carolina Advising Associations
- North Carolina Community College Advising Association (N3C2A) is a statewide association for community college advisors. To join please email Marcia Miller, Membership Officer at email@example.com. Please add “Join N3C2A” in the subject line.
- The College Transfer Program Association (CTPA) is a statewide network of community college and four-year university professionals concerned with transfer. To join please e-mail your name, job title, organization, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Carolina Community College Adult Educators Association vigorously promotes the concept of continued, lifelong learning for all citizens, as well as promoting sound management practices in the areas of adult education.