The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
- Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
- Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the university of NC to transfer with junior status.
Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure
If a transfer student perceives that the terms of the CAA have not been honored, he or she may follow the Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure. (Appendix E of the attached Comprehensive Articulation Agreement)
Associate in Arts and Associate in Science
- The Associate in Arts (A10100) (AA) degree is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in one of the liberal arts disciplines or training at a professional school that requires a strong liberal arts background.
- The Associate in Science (A10400) (AS) degree is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in areas of study such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, the sciences or professional programs that require strong mathematics and science backgrounds.
Transfer Course List
- The Transfer Course List contains a list of courses accepted for transfer between the NC Community College System and the University of North Carolina. For current information on course offerings, please contact the individual community college.
Memos Related to the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
|2019 Transfer Course List||293.37 KB|
|2018 Transfer Course List||313.45 KB|
|2016 CAA Report||488.76 KB|
|2016 Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) - CURRENT||442.4 KB|
|2016 Transfer Course List||489.36 KB|
|2014 Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA)||662.98 KB|
|2014 Transfer Course List||172.22 KB|
|Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (Prior to 2014)||206.12 KB|
|Transfer Course List (Prior to 2014)||130.2 KB|
Transfer Advisory Committee (TAC) Members
The CAA has been approved by the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina and the NC State Board of Community Colleges. Authority to interpret the CAA policy rests with the Transfer Advisory Committee. The Transfer Advisory Committee typically meets four times a year.
No minutes are available for this year.