Provides centralized purchasing and cataloging services for the community college libraries. This includes planning, development, and implementation of automated support systems; technical support of these systems; and training. Purchasing support includes negotiating discounts with vendors, processing orders for materials, and advising libraries in local purchasing procedures.
- openNCCC is a library of open educational resources available to NCCCS faculty and library staff. Library staff is encouraged to sign up for an account. We already have a CCLINC Library Group set up in openNCCC, where we plan to store CCLINC documentation. (NOTE: CCLINC documentation must be stored in DRAFT state so as to keep it private to the group) Webinars on the openNCCC are available via the VLC.
- North Carolina Community College Library Association (NCCCLA)
- WorldCat (public version of OCLC's catalog)
- Need to download WorkFlows to your library workstation, or you can access the web version of the staff client via SymphonyWeb. Send Colleen Turnage an email and she will send you the link to download the software, or the link to SymphonyWeb. NOTE: If you opt to download the software, you will need to have your VPN enabled before you can download the software. No VPN is required to use SymphonyWeb.
- Access the NC LIVE MOU here
- Learning Technology Resources list
Library Services Staff
Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services, 919-807-7066
- Please use the following address when sending cataloging to Colleen at the System Office (by mail, courier, etc.):
Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services
Technology Solutions & Distance Learning
NC Community Colleges
200 W. Jones St.
5006 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-5000
- Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services
Drew McNaughton, CCLINC System Administrator, 1-800-388-0824
Community College Libraries in North Carolina (CCLINC) Catalog
Contact the Director of Library Services for cataloging training. All other training can be obtained via Mentor. CCLINC library directors with a Mentor login can provide library staff with a Mentor training login so that local staff can take advantage of the free classes offered online. Periodically, the Director of Library Services will send out an email listing current classes available to CCLINC members. If you're a CCLINC library director, and you do not have access to Mentor, please contact the CCLINC System Administrator.
Below in the list of training attachments you will see a document that shows the best places to park when coming to the system office for training or a meeting.
CCLINC Policies & Procedures
|CCLINC Intellectual Property Statement||132.16 KB|
|CCLINC Java Label Designer Policy||46.32 KB|
|CCLINC Serials Agreement||476.03 KB|
|CCLINC Ebook and Electronic Resources Policy||442.36 KB|
|CCLINC eReader Policy||319.22 KB|
|Security of Patron Records in CCLINC (FERPA)||412.84 KB|
|CCLINC Glossary of Equipment Terms||281.39 KB|
|Chatstaff information for library staff||117.13 KB|
|Best practices for running cataloging reports||111.83 KB|
|CCLINC Steering Committee Procedures||256.9 KB|
|Best practices for dealing with lost items||67.12 KB|
|Best practices for dealing with missing items||59.23 KB|
|CCLINC ILL/Hold Policies (2021)||319.89 KB|
|EQUIP list instructions (2021)||23.69 KB|
Note: The CCLINC Serials List and CCLINC Equip List are both in the process of being updated. Contact the Director of Library Services if you need help determining which serial or EQUIP record to use in the CCLINC catalog.
|History of CCLINC||90.4 KB|
|Things to Know about CCLINC||481.14 KB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, 2016-17||486.19 KB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, signature pages, pt. 1||9.08 MB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, signature pages, pt. 2||5.91 MB|
|CCLINC barcode prefixes||116.61 KB|