Provides centralized purchasing and cataloging services for the community college libraries. This includes planning, development, and implementation of automated support systems; technical support of these systems; and training. Purchasing support includes negotiating discounts with vendors, processing orders for materials, and advising libraries in local purchasing procedures.
- CCLINC Documentation is accessible via the NCLOR (North Carolina Learning Object Repository). Click here to request an NCLOR login (e.g., account). Please indicate that you want access to the NCCCS Library Collection (library staff only) when you submit your request for a login.
- North Carolina Community College Library Association (NCCCLA)
- WorldCat (public version of OCLC's catalog)
- Need to download WorkFlows to your library workstation? Send Colleen Turnage an email and she will send you the link to the software. NOTE: You will need to have your VPN enabled before you can download the software.
- Access the NC LIVE MOU here
- LRC Directors Knowledge Base FAQ
- Learning Technology Resources list
- 2019 Library Directors Institute
Library Services Staff
Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services, 919-807-7066
- Please use the following address when sending cataloging to Colleen at the System Office (by mail, courier, etc.):
Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services
Technology Solutions & Distance Learning
NC Community Colleges
200 W. Jones St.
5006 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-5000
- Colleen Turnage, Director of Library Services
Helen Colevins, Community Engagement Librarian, 919-807-7064
John Wood, CCLINC System Administrator, 1-800-388-0824
Community College Libraries in North Carolina (CCLINC) Catalog
Contact the Director of Library Services for cataloging training and the Community Engagement Librarian for help in arranging training in circulation, acquisitions, reserves, and reports. (NOTE: The CCLINC Training Subcommittee has disbanded.) Also, CCLINC library directors can provide library staff with a Mentor training login so that local staff can take advantage of the free classes offered online. If you're a CCLINC library director, and you do not have access to Mentor, please contact the CCLINC System Administrator.
The link to the Director of Library Service's online classroom is provided below:
Below in the list of training attachments you will see a document that shows the best places to park when coming to the system office for training or a meeting.
CCLINC Policies & Procedures
|CCLINC Intellectual Property Statement||132.16 KB|
|CCLINC Java Label Designer Policy||46.32 KB|
|CCLINC ILL/Hold Policies||251.08 KB|
|CCLINC Serials Agreement||476.03 KB|
|CCLINC Ebook and Electronic Resources Policy||442.36 KB|
|CCLINC eReader Policy||319.22 KB|
|Security of Patron Records in CCLINC (FERPA)||412.84 KB|
|CCLINC Glossary of Equipment Terms||281.39 KB|
|Chatstaff information for library staff||117.13 KB|
|Best practices for dealing with missing items||71.87 KB|
|Best practices for dealing with lost items||79.27 KB|
|Best practices for running cataloging reports||111.83 KB|
|CCLINC Steering Committee Procedures||256.9 KB|
|Revised EQUIP templates, policy, and procedures (2019)||16.76 KB|
Note: The CCLINC Serials List and CCLINC Equip List are both in the process of being updated. Contact the Director of Library Services if you need help determining which serial or EQUIP record to use in the CCLINC catalog.
|History of CCLINC||90.4 KB|
|Things to Know about CCLINC||481.14 KB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, 2016-17||486.19 KB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, signature pages, pt. 1||9.08 MB|
|CCLINC Cooperative Agreement, signature pages, pt. 2||5.91 MB|
|CCLINC barcode prefixes||341.18 KB|