NC Community College NJCAA Programs
In North Carolina, many of our community colleges offer an intercollegiate athletic program to enhance the college experience for students. Each program is committed to providing a comprehensive and well-rounded athletic experience in support of the College’s educational initiatives. In North Carolina, 16 institutions participate as a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). The teams compete in Region 10, which includes colleges in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. In accordance with the institutions open door admissions policy, students admitted to the college who plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics must meet all admissions criteria set forth in the College General Catalog/Student Handbook. Player eligibility includes standards established by the institution and NJCAA.
It is the mission of the NJCAA to foster a national program of athletic participation in an environment that supports equitable opportunities consistent with the educational objectives of member colleges.
The NJCAA's mission is to promote and foster two-year college athletics. Unlawful discrimination is incompatible with this mission and detracts from the organizations goal of promoting healthy and fair competition. The NJCAA prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, religion, creed, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in the NJCAA's governance, programs, regulations and employment practices.
National Junior College Athletic Association
NC Community College Members
- Brunswick Community College
- Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
- Cape Fear Community College
- Catabwa Valley Community College
- Central Carolina Community College
- Cleveland Community College
- Davidson County Community College
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Gaston College* (Sports beginning Fall 2021).
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Johnston Community College
- Lenoir Community College
- Pitt Community College
- Rockingham Community College
- Sandhills Community College
- Southeastern Community College
- Surry Community College
- Vance-Granville Community College
- Wake Technical Community College