The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students.
The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
- Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
- Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the university of NC to transfer with junior status.
Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure
If a transfer student perceives that the terms of the CAA have not been honored, he or she may follow the Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure. (Appendix E of the attached Comprehensive Articulation Agreement)
Associate in Arts and Associate in Science
- The Associate in Arts (A10100) (AA) degree is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in one of the liberal arts disciplines or training at a professional school that requires a strong liberal arts background.
- The Associate in Science (A10400) (AS) degree is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in areas of study such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, the sciences or professional programs that require strong mathematics and science backgrounds.
Transfer Course List
- The Transfer Course List contains a list of courses accepted for transfer between the NC Community College System and the University of North Carolina is located below. For current information on course offerings, please contact the individual community college.
Memos Related to the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
- CC14-006 2014 Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
- CC23-037 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC23-028 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC22-040 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC21-033 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC21-023 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC21-012 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC16-016 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions
- CC16-004 Transfer Advisory Committee Actions