Student Services

Student Services

All community college faculty and staff work hard to make a difference in the lives of their students.  Personnel in student development assist students from enrollment to graduation with admissions, registration, records, financial aid, counseling, and student activities.  Contained in this section are resources and information to support your student services efforts.

Conference and Training Information

Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Paying for college can be challenging, but did you know that NC community colleges have the lowest tuition rate in the 16 southeastern states?  There are several types of federal, state and local aid to assist with educational expenses.

Finish Line Grants

The Finish Line Grants program aims to help students complete their training when facing unforeseen financial hardships.  Finish Line Grants can be used for course materials, housing, medical needs, dependent care or other financial emergencies that students face through no fault of their own. Local community colleges and workforce development boards must submit a joint proposal to be an approved partnership to administer the Finish Line Grants program.

For the current policies surrounding the adminisration of the Finish Line Grant, please visit: The NC Department of Commerce

During the Fall 2022 semester, the administration of the Finish Line Grant will transition to the NC Community College System.  Please check back here as more information becomes available. (Updated 8/15/22).

Regulations and Policies

Student Life and Engagement

Student Support

Filing a Complaint Against the College After Completing the College’s Grievance Procedure

After a student has exhausted the college’s complaint or grievance procedures, if a matter remains unresolved, a formal complaint may be filed with the online Student Complaint Portal.